Experience and Skills:
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Required: Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, finance or accounting, or equivalent combination of education and experience. At least ten (10) years of related financial experience, including management of financial staff, extensive working knowledge of and/or involvement in the commercial real estate lending field, banking, astute financial analysis, and general management of financial investments. Expert knowledge and experience with standard (GAAP) and not-for-profit accounting principles along with a heavy customer service emphasis. As all investment products offered by NCP are legally considered "securities", the candidate must be able to hold a minimum of a Series 63 Securities License (must be received within the first 90 days of employment).
Preferred: Personal engagement with the Evangelical Covenant Church. Engagement in a Covenant Church.
PERSONAL SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Personal and demonstrated Christian faith.
- Willingness to fully support the mission and ministry of the Evangelical Covenant Church at the denominational, regional conference and local congregational levels, as well as affiliated entities and ministries.
- Effective team player and collaborator.
- Ability to maintain work/personal life balance.
- Mastery of Office 365 (with a high reliance on Excel) and other analytic tools. Working knowledge of Microsoft and Windows application, databases development and management, and web technologies.
- Detail oriented, strong organization, prioritization and time-management skills are evident.
- Excels in attention to detail with high level of accuracy in preparation of financial transactions, written documents, reports and correspondence.
- Effectively communicates in written and verbal forms in person and via communication mediums.
- Works well under pressure and is able to accurately accomplish multiple tasks, with conflicting priorities and timelines. Ability to track and report progress on a wide range of tasks, simultaneously.
- Ability to respond to and deal with a range of ad hoc queries/requests.
- Capable of managing stress by accepting criticism, engaging in conflict resolution, dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Ability to operate with discretion and confidentiality at all times, especially related to customer information.
- Excellent management and people skills to embrace diversity of schedules, backgrounds, formats, contexts, etc.
- Uses critical thinking skills to exercise discretion and independent judgement, applying logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to address challenges.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently.
- Does all above and still generates "fun" and "enthusiasm".
Able to work well in professional office setting, occasionally works evenings and weekends. Moderate domestic travel required. Must be versatile and able to work for prolonged segments sitting or standing. Must engage frequently with office tools and equipment, such as: computer, copier, phone, web-conferencing equipment, cell communication, printers, calculators, scanners, etc. Must be able to occasionally lift or move items, less than 35 lbs.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter expressing their interest along with a resume or curriculum vitae, electronically to Human Resources at email@example.com.