The Production Manager coordinates and manages the flow of projects
and resources within and in between mission areas to ensure production
objectives, goals and schedules are sustained. This role is
responsible for ensuring successful project and campaign execution on
brand and on time while also maximizing efficiency of processes. The
Production Manager will own all aspects of project development and
workflow management, including: the scope of work, project timelines,
planning, and contingency planning, while also managing risks, driving
solutions, tracking deliverables, and communicating status.
The Production Manager works collaboratively with the communications
staff to ensure that the scope and direction of each project is well
defined, coordinated with mission area’s objectives and delivered
within budget projections. Ample time and attention should be invested
by this professional to develop, nurture and sustain relationships
* Engage in a professional, hospitable, and courteous manner with the
* Exhibit knowledgeable of and fluent in mission areas, brand
language, and culture.
* Lead all planning activities and ensure all projects meet
* Develop, analyze and manage all touch points of projects, including
responsibility for scheduling kickoff meetings, status updates and
budget forecasting. Communicate with the digital, design, editorial
and/or fulfillment teams to provide framework for costs and budget impact.
* Anticipate, forecast and monitor project developments.
* Oversee project development process from inception to fruition.
o Participate in proposal efforts and all necessary meetings to
review, clarify and define scope of project;
o Determine project assignments, facilitate process and steward
approvals from constituents according to established protocols;
o Own the development and communication of day-to-day tasking and
o Document and communicate progress and/or challenges
with the team or constituents, as deem necessary;
o Ensure end product meets production quality standards, is accurate
and meets the expectation of constituents;
o Monitor overall project performance - timeline, budget, quality
indicators and resource utilization - and adjust as needed when issues
are identified and require resolution; and See projects through
payable process and ensure accurate invoicing.
* Collaborate with communication team members on developments and
progress of projects. Ensure resource allocation is optimized.
* Utilize project management software including Gantt charts for time estimating/tracking.
* Allocate resources appropriately and track key business outcomes.
Ensure realistic time estimations on projects and assess fit into
overall production schedule to minimize conflicts.
* Engage in continuous learning by staying current with industry
trends, benchmarks and best practices. Provide coaching to staff on
best practices and new trends.
* Monitor industry trends and cultural shifts; and identify resources
and tools that will enhance team processes.
* Facilitate quality-improvement culture and mechanism to assess,
measure and improve outcomes.
* Process inquiries from constituencies; respond and/or direct to the
appropriate person according to need.
* Assure all accounts receivables/payables are processed accurately
and in timely fashion and monitor progress and developments to ensure
fiscal outcomes are achieved.
* Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Marketing and
Communication and/or Chief Operating Officer.