Experience and Skills:
Education and Experience
Required: Master’s Degree in Pastoral
Care/Counseling, Psychology, Divinity, Christian Formation or a
related field. Minimum engagement of 5 years in the ECC, and a minimum
of 10 years professional functioning in ministry, to include
experience in ministry leadership, small/large group presentations,
and direct service provision of counseling, pastoral care, or
spiritual direction. Trained in family counseling, drug abuse
counseling, sex abuse counseling, conflict resolution, boundary
setting/keeping, etc. Willingness to travel. Ordained in the ECC and
working knowledge of the Board of Ordered Ministry or Rules of the
* Mastery of Microsoft and Windows applications, databases
development and management, and web technologies.
* Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
Preaching, teaching, coaching skills.
* High cultural awareness, emotional intelligence and active
* Actively engages in individual and group discernment and exercises
sound judgement and perceptiveness.
* Genuine desire to assist and care for others.
* Detail oriented, strong organization, prioritization and
time-management skills are eminent.
* Talks to others to convey information effectively and efficiently.
Responds appropriately and adjusts actions in relation to others’
actions. Maintains flexibility in approach.
* Respond to and deal with a range of ad hoc queries/requests.
* Accepts criticism and deals calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
* Ability to operate with discretion and confidentiality at all times.
* Exhibits confidence in self and others. Inspires and motivates
others to perform well. Effectively influences actions and opinions of
others. Accepts feedback from others and gives appropriate recognition
to others. Displays passion and optimism. Inspires respect and trust.
* Ability to comprehend, apply, analyze, synthesize and evaluate
information. Ability to track and report progress on a wide range of
* Includes stakeholders in planning, decision-making, facilitating
and process improvement. Fosters quality focus in others.
* Excellent management and people skills to embrace diversity of
schedules, backgrounds, formats, contexts, etc.
* Uses critical thinking skills, applying logic and reasoning to
identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions,
conclusions or approaches to address challenges.
* Self-starter, with the ability to work independently.
Able to work well from home or remote locale, with some
in-office meetings. Frequent domestic travel, while also able to
effectively engage in virtual communication and engagements. Must be
versatile and able to work for prolong segments sitting or standing.
Must engage in a high technical environment with tools and equipment,
such as: computer, cloud-based technology, virtual conferencing
equipment, internet and social media, database management system
copier, cell communication, etc. Must be able to occasionally lift or
move items, less than 35 lbs. Occasionally, pack and unpack, move and
lift boxes that contain ministry materials.