Experience and Skills:
Education and Experience
Required: A bachelor’s degree or experiential equivalent in
Advancement, Theology, Business, Nonprofit Administration or
comparable field experience. A deep knowledge of and ability to
speak about Covenant mission and ministry that inspires giving.
Proven fundraising experience with experience in procurement and
advancement environment. Willingness to travel to the Democratic
Republic of Congo.
Preferred: Experience in Democratic Republic of Congo. Fluent in
French. Hold Covenant Credentials.
* Mastery of Microsoft and Windows applications.
* Ability to preach and teach to small and large audiences.
* Seasoned familiarity with fundraising, stewardship and generosity.
* Exceptional communicator to various constituents including
individual donors, local church leaders and denominational leaders.
* Excels in attention to detail with high level of accuracy in
the preparation of documents, reports, and correspondence.
* Comfortable with working independently/remotely to accomplish tasks.
* Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
* Works well under pressure and can accomplish multiple tasks,
with conflicting priorities and timelines.
* Ability to respond to and deal with a range of ad hoc queries/requests.
* Ability to operate with discretion and confidentiality at all times.
* Maintains flexibility in approach and adjusts actions when appropriate.
* Excellent management and people skills to embrace diversity of
schedules, backgrounds, formats, and contexts
* Creatively formulate reports, communication and marketing
material for audiences.
Able to work well in professional office setting, but
occasionally works in remote locales. Travel frequently, both
domestically and internationally. Must be versatile and able to work
for prolong segments sitting or standing. Must engage frequently
with office tools and equipment, such as: computer, copier, phone,
web-conferencing equipment, cell communication, printers, etc. Must
be able to occasionally lift or move items, less than 40lbs.