The Director of Global Mission Advancement provides oversight of
the day-to-day management of church and individual relations and
engagement for the purposes of advancing global efforts and
initiatives. This director will collaborate with other leaders to
create and execute a broad advancement strategy to increase giving
and engagement across the ECC with primary focus on the coordination
of fundraising for SG, while managing a personal portfolio of
individual donors and churches.
This position will collaborate with Serve Globally (SG) staff,
to raise awareness, engagement, and financial support for SG efforts
and projects, including Global Personnel. Together, unique
engagement and stewardship opportunities that demonstrate the value
and impact of philanthropic investment, increases revenues and
drives philanthropic results for the purpose of general giving and
global initiatives will be produced.
* Manages the development and implementation of global relations
* Maintains a portfolio of churches and individual donors to
cultivate, visit, and steward.
* Works collaboratively with the Director of Database Services
to leverage data and
information from Raiser’s Edge for accurate and innovative
* Collaborates with Executive Director in developing strategies
for effective stewardship of churches, including proper reporting to
churches, monitoring use of funds, ensuring appropriate recognition
and engaging churches at special events.
* Work closely with SG’s Executive Minister, Director of
Missional Congregations, and Regional Coordinators to fully grasp
the vision and efforts within the five (5) SG regions.
* Collaboratively define and carry out SG’s advancement
strategic objectives and metrics.
* Enthusiastically grow intercultural awareness and understanding.
* Actively participate in SG meetings and team-building events.
* Provide oversight of SG’s fundraising activity and practices
while ensuring alignment of Mission Advancement protocols.
* Collaboration with SG Leadership Team to create a resource
tool kit, coach and train team members.
* Develop team’s capacity to bridge stewardship opportunities to
individual’s desire to exercise generosity.
Affirm marketing and communication strategies correlate with
* Increase annual directed giving for SG initiatives, as defined
by annual workplans, objectives and goals.
* Preach, teach, and coach domestically and internationally
advancing SG initiatives.
* Engages in analytics and strategy response to enhance
* Contribute to the development and implementation of global
communication and marketing strategies.
* Facilitate donor care and stewardship in accordance to ECC’s
donor engagement and stewardship protocols:
* Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Advancement.