The Director of SSC Financial Resources is responsible for financial
analysis and proactive project coordination across the breadth of SSC
financial activities. This position collaborates on identifying and
implementing improvements in the areas of financial modeling and
projections, reporting and communication of financial data, and
compliance with ECC finance systems, protocols and policies. This
Director will also drive the coordination of various financial
improvements, initiatives and projects to enhance the stewardship of
the SSC’s resources.
- Connects in electronic, phone and in-person communication in a
professional, congenial, and courteous manner with constituency.
Provide high-level of customer service to constituents from
conferences, churches and mission areas.
- Acts as the main financial liaison with Finance team, conferences
and churches connected to SSC through church planting, vitality
projects, events and discretionary loan activities.
- Manages the full spectrum of financial components of SSC events:
from budget development to reporting (budget development,
accounting, accounts payables and receivables, reporting,
purchasing, contract negotiation, reconciliation, research,
- Engages in broad range of financial, budget and investment
analysis to ensure ministry financial resources are optimized and
excellence in stewardship is maintained.
- Works with SSC and conference staff to create, monitor and hold
system accountability on financial metrics, goals and performance targets.
- Assists with monthly, quarterly and year-end accounting and
financial processes and reporting schedules.
- Provides oversight, monitor, manage and make recommendation on
investments that contribute to the health of ministry’s financial resources.
- Coordinates financial tasks, goals and deliverables for SSC
projects and communicates developments to corresponding constituents
to ensure responsiveness and mitigate risks.
- In conjunction with applicable stakeholders, researches and
formulates recommendations for churches facing financial changes,
whether individual or system-wide improvements are warranted.
Oversees and resources implementation of approved recommendations.
- Represents the Executive Minister of SSC in financial matters as
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned by the Executive Minister
of Start and Strengthen Churches.
Able to work well in professional office setting but occasionally
works in remote locales. Occasional work on evenings and weekends,
travel domestically. Must be versatile and able to work for prolonged
periods sitting or standing. Must engage frequently with office tools
and equipment, such as: computer, copier, phone, web-conferencing
equipment, cell communication, printers, etc. Must be able to
occasionally lift or move items, less than 40lbs.