The Director of Mission Advancement Relations provides oversight of
the day-to-day management of church relations and engagement to
include, but not limited to: the execution of an annual church
relations program; communication and marketing plans to engage
churches; information analytics; and preparation and presentation of
reports for internal/external stakeholders. This position will have an
immediate focus on implementing best practices and providing direction
to increase church engagement. In collaboration with the Executive
Director, the Director of Mission Advancement Relations ensures that
the fundraising practices meet the strategic and practical needs of
the mission area as well as the broader ECC; and provides the required
mechanisms to accomplish goals.
This director will assist in the coordination of fundraising
initiatives across the mission areas of the ECC and manage a personal
portfolio of individual donors and churches. This position works
closely with various ECC staff to create marketing and communication
strategies that produce unique engagement and stewardship
opportunities that demonstrate the value and impact of philanthropic
investment, increase revenues, and drive philanthropic results.
- Manages the implementation and developments of church relations
- Maintains a portfolio of churches and individual donors to
cultivate, visit, and steward.
- Works collaboratively with the Director of Database Services to
leverage data and information from Raiser’s Edge for accurate and
innovative report production.
- Collaborates with Executive Director in developing strategies for
effective stewardship of churches, including proper reporting to
churches, monitoring use of funds, ensuring appropriate recognition
and engaging churches at special events.
- Monitors mission area’s budget and ensure compliance with fiscal responsibilities.
- Increase annual church unrestricted and directed giving, as
defined by annual workplans, objectives and goals.
- Engages in analytics and strategy response to enhance stakeholder engagements.
- Meet with churches in person, as part of 3StrandStrong church
engagement program, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Advancement.
Able to work well in professional office setting, but occasionally
works in remote locales. Occasional domestic travel and weekend
engagements. Must be versatile and able to work for prolong segments
sitting or standing. Must engage frequently with office tools and
equipment, such as: computer, copier, phone, web-conferencing
equipment, cell communication, printers, etc. Must be able to
occasionally lift or move items, less than 35 lbs.; and using
machinery to move boxes and crates (Pallets, dolly etc.) Occasionally,
pack and unpack, move and lift boxes that contain fundraising
materials and supplies.