Experience and Skills:
Education and Experience
Required: Master’s degree in Divinity, Evangelism, Christian Formation or Theology. A minimum engagement of eight (8) years in the Evangelical Covenant Church (ECC) and a minimum of 5 years of functioning in ministry positions, to include experience in: conference level activities, youth and family ministry, ministry leadership, discipleship and small/large group presentations. Ordained or willing to seek ordination in the ECC.
Preferred: Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, exercised in curricula development or social media interactions.
- Mastery of Microsoft and Windows applications, databases development and management, and web technologies.
- Detail oriented, strong organization, prioritization and time-management skills are
- Excels in attention to detail with high level of accuracy in the preparation of documents, reports, and correspondence. Writes speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Works well under pressure and is able to accomplish multiple tasks, with conflicting priorities and timelines.
- Ability to operate with discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Talks to others to convey information effectively and efficiently.
- Responds appropriately and adjusts actions in relation to others' actions.
- Effectively presents information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Reads, analyzes, and interprets common ministry journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Creatively formulate reports, communication and marketing material for audiences.
- Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates. Displays passion and optimism. Inspires respect and trust. Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision.
- Develops workable implementation plans. Communicates changes effectively. Builds commitment and overcomes resistance. Prepares and supports those affected by change. Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Exhibits confidence in self and others. Inspires and motivates others to perform well. Effectively influences actions and opinions of others. Accepts feedback from others and gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Includes stakeholders in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement. Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities. Solicits and applies feedback (internal and external). Fosters quality focus in others. Improves processes, products and services.
- Self-starter, with the ability to work independently. Use critical thinking skills - using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Must be able to work in office conditions with moderate noise levels. Willing to travel across North America and Internationally. Must be versatile and able to work for prolonged segments sitting/standing and on a computer. Must engage frequently with office tools and equipment, such as: computer, copier, phone, web-conferencing equipment, cell communication, printers, etc. Must be able to occasionally lift or move items, less than 35lbs.