The Comptroller oversees the daily accounting operations of the ECC in support and advancement of the mission. The position will mobilize the accounting staff and functions to optimize stewardship, implement and manage operational strategies, and streamline processes enabling stakeholders to fulfill missional goals and objectives. The Comptroller will be responsible for the financial performance, conformance and digitization of accounting resources in a manner that influences culture, engagement, and accountability of constituents.
The Comptroller will manage the workflow requirements of the audits in collaboration with the Director of Accounting and Financial Reporting. The role is responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of accounting data and financial reporting for a diverse group of constituency and efforts.
The Comptroller, an integrator and synthesizer, will interface with staff, Covenant Offices Leadership Team, ECC affiliates personnel, , congregational and/or conferences staff on financial accounting matters.
- Oversees the daily accounting operations for the ECC and corresponding ministry and project funds, including pension plans. Assures the accuracy and timeliness of accounting data and related reporting.
- Reviews daily transactions and oversees the daily transaction process to assure that all inflows, revenues and expenditures are properly recorded and tracked.
- Protects ECC financial resources by monitoring and enforcing internal controls.
- Works in close collaboration with the Director of Accounting and Financial Reporting in managing the workflow requirements of the audits and financial reporting.
- Supervises and supports the accounts payables, payroll processing, billing and receipting functions of the mission.
- Coaches, mentors and contributes to the ongoing development of the finance personnel.
- Provide technical accounting guidance to leadership and staff.
- Remain current on relevant accounting pronouncements and tax law changes that would affect the ECC.
- Works with the Director of Accounting and Financial Reporting to manage and enhance the system of expense management and monitoring.
- Identify and implement strategies that increase overall sustainability of the mission through the evolution and innovation of accounting and financial systems and practices.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned by the Director of Accounting and Financial Reporting and/or Executive Director of Finance.