Experience and Skills:
Education and Experience
Required: Actively pursuing a major/minor in administration, business, or nonprofit management; some experience and knowledge in event planning and project management.
Length of opportunity: 1-year commitment; length may be negotiable.
Preferred: Graduate-level student. Proficient in Spanish language (read, write, speak).
- Comfortable working in an office and customer-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of basic event or project management planning skills such as planning, scheduling, and milestones.
- Ability to organize using digital tools and communication systems.
- Perform routine office tasks: answering telephone, processing correspondence, submitting voucher reimbursements, managing database systems, mailing, copying, filing, scanning, etc.
- Solid math skills and familiar with basic bookkeeping tasks.
- Proficient in Office 365 software such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- A team player and ensure caring and quality customer service.
- Able to pay attention to details, organize, prioritize and manage time well.
- Prepare documents, reports, and correspondence with minimal errors or supervision.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate effectively and responsively to constituents and their needs.
- Works well under pressure and is open to multi-tasking and report clearly on progress.
- Operate with discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Maintains flexibility in approach and adjusts actions when appropriate.
Able to work well in professional office/customer service setting. Must be versatile and able to work for prolong segments sitting or standing. Must engage frequently with office tools and equipment, such as: computer, copier, phone, web-conferencing equipment, cell communication, printers, etc. Must be able to occasionally lift or move items, less than 35 lbs.