Experience and Skills:
Education and Experience
Required: Covenant Credential and a minimum of five (5) years of experience in the local church and/or advancement organization. A deep knowledge of and ability to speak about Covenant mission and ministry that inspires giving. A deep understanding of the Covenant’s culture of generosity. Proven fundraising experience.
- Pastoral and/or lay tenure with experience in local church or organizational operations/relations.
- Exceptional communicator to various constituent groups such as local church leaders’, denominational leaders and superintendents.
- Ability to demonstrate a mature understanding of the best practices of developing a culture of generosity throughout the Covenant.
- Proactive & independent approach to all duties and responsibilities related to scheduling, execution and follow up of church visits. Understanding and skilled on MOVES Management.
- Ability to build relationships, lead people, and get results through others.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable in a remote work environment.
- Ability to respond to and deal with a range of ad hoc queries/requests.
- Ability to operate with discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Excellent management and people skills to embrace diversity of schedules, backgrounds, formats, contexts, etc.
- Displays passion and optimism. Inspires respect and trust. Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision, goals and outcomes.
- Effectively influences actions of others. Fosters quality focus in others.
- Keen communication, collaboration and negotiation skills.
- Self-starter and seasoned entrepreneurial skills.
Able to work works in remote locales, on occasion work in professional office setting. Travel frequently, both domestically and internationally. Must be versatile and able to work for prolong segments sitting or standing. Must engage frequently with office tools and equipment, such as: computer, copier, phone, web-conferencing equipment, cell communication, printers, etc. Must be able to occasionally lift or move items, less than 35lbs.