Experience and Skills:
Education and Experience
Required: A bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Technology, Information Records Management, Advancement, Nonprofit Administration or comparable field. Previous experience along with considerable knowledge and expertise of The Raiser’s Edge. Experience with Access, Crystal Reports, report-writing technology, and Moves Management systems. Three to five (3-5) years of working experience with a complex database system in an advancement environment with heavy customer service emphasis. Demonstrated experience in organizing, maintaining, managing, troubleshooting, or interacting with computer software systems.
- Mastery of Microsoft and Windows applications.
- Keen attention to details of all aspects of donation fund accounts; donor data management system; prospect management system; and data for gift acquisition and renewal programs.
- Uses critical thinking skills, applying logic and strategy to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to address challenges across the organization.
- Excellent management and people skills to embrace diversity of schedules, backgrounds, formats, contexts, etc.
- Strong organization, prioritization and time-management skills are essential. Excels in attention to detail with high level of accuracy in the preparation of documents, reports, and correspondence.
- Proven ability to interpret and apply policies, laws, and regulations governing charitable giving.
- Works well under pressure and with conflicting priorities and timelines. Ability to track and report progress on a wide range of tasks, simultaneously.
- Maintains flexibility in approach and adjusts as needed with ability to address multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to respond to and deal with a range of ad hoc queries/requests
- Ability to operate with discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
Able to work well in professional office setting, but occasionally works in remote locales. Occasional domestic travel with some weekend engagements. Must be versatile and able to work for prolong segments sitting or standing. Must engage frequently with office tools and equipment, such as: computer, copier, phone, web-conferencing equipment, cell communication, printers, etc. Must be able to occasionally lift or move items, less than 35lbs.