Experience and Skills:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Required: Master’s degree in Business Administration, Program Development, Finance or Ministry. Advanced degree in Leadership desired. Previous work with the Lilly Endowment a
plus. At least seven (7) years of proven, visionary leadership in business, program development, grant management, nonprofit administration, or related field. A deep knowledge of the ECC
pastoral community and the ECC affiliate entities, as well as, a commitment to the mission of the Evangelical Covenant Church.
PERSONAL SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Demonstrated ability to embrace a vision and pursue it enthusiastically; a visionary strategist.
- Demonstrated ability to enlist and manage resources including personnel, finances, expertise and trust.
- Intercultural, cross-cultural sensitivity and strength.
- Mastery of Microsoft and Windows applications and possess computer competency with familiarity of basic communication, database, project management and accounting programs. Comfortable with virtual communication tools (including video conferencing, phone conferencing, etc.).
- Adaptability and flexibility in leadership.
- Strong entrepreneurial, organizational, social and communication skills.
- Influential and effective team leader/player.
- Able to work with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to maintain personal life balance.
- Self-starter, able to work well independently.
Able to work well in professional office setting, but occasionally works in remote locations. Able to engage in domestic travel periodically. Must be versatile and able to work for prolong
segments sitting or standing. Must engage frequently with office tools and equipment, such as: computer, copier, phone, web-conferencing equipment, cell communication, printers, etc.
Must be able to occasionally lift or move items, less than 40lbs.