Experience and Skills:
Education and Experience
Required: Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, finance or accounting, equivalent combination of education and experience. Five to ten years of commercial real estate, financial, and/or commercial lending experience, including experience in accounting and nonprofit environment with heavy customer service emphasis. High proficiency in computer and internet technology. Expert knowledge and experience with standard accounting principles. Preferred: Personal engagement with the Evangelical Covenant Church.
Personal Skills and Characteristics
- Personal and demonstrated Christian faith.
- Willingness to fully support the mission and ministry of the Evangelical Covenant Church at the denominational, regional conference and local congregational levels, as well as affiliated entities and ministries. Personal membership in a Covenant church is strongly encouraged.
- Mastery of Office 365 (with a high reliance on Excel) and other analytic tools. Working knowledge of Microsoft and Windows application, databases development and management, and web technologies.
- Series 63 securities license (or within 90 days of hire).
- Good understanding of GAAP standards and practices.
- Detail oriented, strong organization, prioritization and time-management skills are evident.
- Excels in attention to detail with high level of accuracy in preparation of financial transactions, written documents, reports and correspondence.
- Effectively communicates in written and verbal forms in person and via communication mediums.
- Works well under pressure and is able to accurately accomplish multiple tasks, with conflicting priorities and timelines. Ability to track and report progress on a wide range of tasks, simultaneously.
- Ability to respond to and deal with a range of ad hoc queries/requests.
- Capable of managing stress by accepting criticism, engaging in conflict resolution, dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Ability to operate with discretion and confidentiality at all times, especially related to customer information
- Maintains flexibility in approach and adjusts actions when appropriate.
- Excellent management and people skills to embrace diversity of schedules, backgrounds, formats, contexts, etc.
- Uses critical thinking skills to exercise discretion and independent judgement, applying logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to address challenges.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently.
Able to work well in professional office setting, occasionally works evenings and weekends. Frequently travel domestically, approximately 40%-50% of work time. Must be versatile and able to work for prolonged segments sitting or standing. Must engage frequently with office tools and equipment, such as: computer, copier, phone, web-conferencing equipment, cell communication, printers, calculators, scanners, etc. Must be able to occasionally lift or move items, less than 35 lbs.