Experience and Skills:
Education and Experience
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Nonprofit Management, or related field. Minimum five (5) years of engagement and proven leadership experience in church ministry, discipleship/evangelism, and/or business administration. Seasoned and track record of successful project management. Experience and knowledge with communication platforms and social media. Preferred: Master’s degree in Business Administration, Nonprofit Management, or related field. A minimum of three years of Covenant connection or affiliation. Experience and knowledge with Mailchimp, Basecamp, Raiser’s Edge, and financial management systems.
- Mastery of Microsoft and Windows applications, databases development and management, and web technologies.
- Strong leadership, organization, prioritization and time-management skills.
- Excels in attention to detail with high level of accuracy in the preparation of documents, marketing/communication material, reports, and correspondence.
- Demonstrate excellent oral, written and digital communication skills to perform all communication and marketing functions of this position.
- Strong cross-cultural sensitivity and diplomacy. Mature understanding and engagement in the majority world context.
- Mature entrepreneurial, project development/management and initiation skills.
- Works well under pressure and capable in accomplishing multiple tasks, with conflicting priorities and timelines. Capacity to track and report progress on a wide range of tasks, simultaneously.
- Apt to operate with discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Includes stakeholders in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement. Capable to comprehend, apply, analyze, synthesize and evaluate information. Accepts feedback from others and gives appropriate recognition to others. Responds appropriately and adjusts actions in relation to others' actions.
- Displays passion and optimism. Instills trust and confidence. Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates to perform well.
- Excellent management and people skills to embrace diversity of schedules, backgrounds, formats, contexts, etc.
- Uses critical thinking skills, applying logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to address challenges.
Able to work well in professional office setting, but occasionally works in remote locales. Occasional domestic travel as requested. Must be versatile and able to work for prolonged segments sitting or standing. Must engage frequently with office tools and equipment, such as: computer, copier, phone, web-conferencing equipment, cell communication, printers, etc. Must be able to occasionally lift or move items, less than 35lbs.; and using machinery to move boxes and crates (pallets, dolly etc.) Occasionally, pack and unpack, move and lift boxes that contain event materials.