The Desktop Administrator performs all functions related to computer imaging, patch management/reporting, inventory/reporting, and application deployments. This role will also be required to deploy and implement enhancements that will improve the reliability, maintainability, and performance of end user computing hardware and software. This role supports a variety of technical inquiries, requests, and troubleshooting. Support includes, but not limited to, diagnosing hardware and software malfunctions, networks, internet, security and password issues, telephony, Microsoft Windows and Office, Email, communications, video conferencing, instant messaging, remote users and connections, and business applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage in a professional, hospitable, and courteous manner in the ministry’s electronic, phone and in-person communication with constituents.
- Exercise diplomacy and nurture relationships with constituents to facilitate and improve their engagement with the mission and mission area’s objectives.
- Create standard, baseline images for multiple hardware configurations and oversee application packaging, deployments, and documentation.
- Maintain advanced/detailed knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (Windows 7, 10), MacOS, and iOS imaging and cloning software, Microsoft Office (2016) as well as peripherals.
- Create and deploy automated zero touch build process.
- Administer desktop and mobile patch distribution management, including security updates (Microsoft and non-Microsoft products), service packs, and manage BIOS & driver maintenance.
- Provide technical assistance and customer service support for questions related to computer systems, software, hardware and telephones (Cisco Call Manager and iPhone mobile devices).
- Troubleshoot, analyze and solve end-user technical problems via phone support, remote desktop connection and/or visits to user locations.
- Interact directly with other IS personnel to determine the proper remediation for an issue.
- Assist in moving equipment to different locations within office or event locations.
- Assist in implementing mechanisms to identify chronic support problems and expedite resolution.
- Assist in implementation of quality improvement programs for our ministry area.
- Provide technical support and best practice advice for offsite event planning and execution.
- Maintain competency and enhance professional growth and development through continuing education and conferences.
- Maintain expert knowledge of supported applications, hardware and mobile devices.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Information Services.