The Manager of Ministry Services is responsible for managing the essential administrative and operational functions of the Start and Strengthen Churches ministry area. The effective functioning of this position will advance the ministry objectives of Church Planting, Congregational Vitality, Kingdom Builders and those of other ministries housed within this area. This position will also direct and supervise the administrative support functions for the staff of Start and Strengthen Churches.
- Engage in a professional, hospitable, and courteous manner in the ministry priority’s electronic, phone and in-person communication with constituents.
- Process inquiries from constituency; respond and/or direct to the appropriate person according to need.
- Exercise diplomacy and nurture relationships with constituents to facilitate and improve their engagement with the mission and mission area’s objectives.
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks with competing timelines, as requested by ministry area’s staff.
- Gain working familiarity with all operational protocols and procedures to resource constituency and hold accountability to the systems.
- Provide hospitality and coordinate logistics for ministry area’s engagements (meetings, seminars, events, trainings, classes, etc.) to include: room reservations, catering, setting, harmonizing dates, registration and facilitator, etc.
- Process check requests for vendors or reimbursements for constituents (staff, pastors, instructors, etc.) accurately and in a timely manner. Monitor budgeted income and expenses for ministry area and respective initiatives.
- Maintain master calendar of staff activities and facilitate intra-team communications.
- In collaborate with Communications team, manage SSC’s communication and marketing resources and efforts.
- Develop, collect, manage and maintain databases and the corresponding
- data/information utilized by Start and Strengthen Churches’ programs.
- Formulate queries and reports using information derived from assessments, databases, and/or applications used by the ministry area.
- Manage and produce incoming/outgoing correspondence, as requested.
- Conduct online research effectively to advance ministry efforts, effectively and efficiently.
- Maintain paperwork and files organized; update and create additional dossiers, as needed.
- Utilize various office machines and computer applications to expedite daily operations, procedures, or tasks.
- Ensure ministry’s material and supplies inventory is maintained accordingly in workstations, storage; and as needed in the Covenant Bookstore.
- Make travel arrangements (flight, lodging, etc.) and manage event registration for staff and in accordance to travel policies.
o Lead or arrange for orientation to be provided to support staff (i.e. administrative assistant, interns, etc.) on job responsibilities, protocols for Start and Strengthen Churches, ECC policies and procedures, and ECC constituency.
o Meet regularly with other support staff (i.e. administrative assistant, interns, etc.) to outline and organize tasks, provide personal and professional support, and engage in ongoing evaluation of their outcomes and productivity.
- Other duties as assigned, by the Director of Church Planting, Director of Congregational Vitality and/or Executive Minister.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent of 5 years of education and experience in an administrative role with heavy customer service emphasis, including experience supporting multiple staff.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Windows applications, databases development and management, and web technologies. Type a minimum of 45 words per minute.
- Bilingual in the Spanish language and engagement in a multi-cultural context.
- Experience in a ministry setting.
- Personal engagement with the ECC (preferably minimum of 1-3 years).
- Experience in cash handling and receipting or bookkeeping.
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge.